The principle aim of EPTA (Malta) is to promote and improve standards of piano playing in Malta, through enhanced teaching methods. This can
be achieved by a series of visits from distinguished piano teachers from overseas and regular workshops for Maltese teachers.
The piano is the most widely studied instrument in Malta. We probably can boast of the more young pianists per thousand inhabitants than any country in Europe. But the opportunities to hear and compare the standards of our best students are not so great. Addressing teaching standards is only part of the effort; we must also create more opportunities for the students themselves to play and hear their peers play, so that they may be inspired and encouraged to work to improve their talents.
The First Malta Piano Teachers Conference took place at the Palazzo De La Salle, Valletta on the 17th September 2014.
The conference was organised by Shirley Psaila and Evelina Batey. Around 20 local Piano Teachers participated at this event.
The Agenda of the conference was:
- Building up a new active piano teachers network
- Forming EPTA Malta Committee from the Members
- Annual Planning 2014 - 2015
- Launching new website of EPTA Malta
It has been decided by the participants of the conference:
1. To form a new EUROPEAN PIANO TEACHERS ASSOCIATION Malta, which shall be part of the EPTA EUROPE.
2. The Association will be open for Piano Teachers ( EPTA Professional ), Piano Students ( EPTA Young ) and Piano lovers ( EPTA Piano Love )
3. Membership fee shall be: EUR 20 for one year starting from 1st October of the year till the 1st October of the next year
4. EPTA Malta Annual Plan 2014 - 2015
EPTA Malta will have 2 Conferences a year ( September and June )
1 National Piano Competition ( November, as a fundrasing )
1 International Piano Competition ( February )
Monthly Students Concerts "PIANO KIDS", "PLAYING TOGETHER" ( thematic )
Teachers Seminars, Lectures "SHARING EXPERIENCE" ( 3 times a year )
Local Teachers Piano Master Classes "HELPING OTHERS"( 2-3 times a year )
International Piano Master Classes "LEARNING FROM MASTERS" ( 2 times a year )
Fundraising Dinners "PIANO GALA" ( Christmas, Annual in June )